An Analysis form is a form that it is configured to calculate data from columns located on a related form. One form contains the data you want to total including any filters. A second form shows the calculations as well as any summary data based on configuration.
Configure the Aggregate Field
- Create two forms based on the same table.
- Make sure to include at least three columns in the grid.
- The record code column.
- The column you are calculating.
- The grouping column.
- In the form editor choose a group by the column.
- Open the Column Editor for the column that will display the calculated data.
- On the Aggregation tab set the:
- Source Form to your Analysis form.
- Select the type of Aggregation.
- Select the Of Column to the column you want to calculate.
- Save & Close the Column Editor and Refresh your form. The column will now display the calculation.
- The aggregate option is set on the column at the table level.
- Only decimal and integer properties can be used as aggregate properties.
In this example we want to calculate the Money column from the related Income form to the Income column on the parent form.
The income tab on this form is linked by the Acc. ID column. We will use this link to create the analysis form.
The Analysis form will be created from the same table as the Income sub-grid and it will include the Record Code, Acc ID, and Money properties.
Once the form is created, open the Edit Form window to set the Grouped Column setting on the Other tab. The Grouped Column will be the linked column.
Once the Analysis form is setup you now need to configure the column on the parent form to display the result of the analysis form.
To do this open the Edit Column window for the Income column and open the Aggregation tab.
- Set the Source Form to the anaylsis form.
- Select the type of Aggregation you would like to perform.
- Set the Of Proeprty you want to calculate.
Note the formula added to the Income column, this formula will display a value of 0 if there is no data to calculate on the analysis form.