The Startup Form is a hidden form that is opened when a user launches the Coactive application. The standard usage of this form is the On Open trigger, which can launch additional forms and store variables.
Coactive development environments are configured, by default, with a "Startup" form. This is hidden at startup and opens the tutorial form.
To set the Startup Form open the System Settings. Click the Gear icon in the upper right. Once you access the System Settings you have the following options on the Startup tab.
- Startup Form: This is the form that will be launched and hidden when a user logs in.
- This can be used to store variables and actions to call from other forms.
- We can also use this form to launch another form referencing stored variables. Most often this would be used to process form access for a user.
- Show Startup View: If you want to expose the hidden form at startup check this box.
- Custom Login Form: Configure a form for public access to use this option.
Editing the Startup Form will allow you to view and update the configuration. The configuration options are exactly the same as a standard form.
As a designer you can create specific dashboards for different applications. Have them open on startup to increase ease of navigation for your users.
See User Extensions article next.