This allows tab-delimited data to be imported into a Coactive grid. This action is not intended to be used with any other actions.
There are no settings to configure for this action.
- The grid doesn’t contain an Attachment column.
- The data copied contains valid values for the grid:
- Matching datatypes for dates, integers, etc.
- Any drop downs in the grid contain values to be imported.
- The data copied was in tab-delimited format or in a spreadsheet organized into columns.
- The data copied matches the column structure of the grid in the form.
- The data copied includes a unique Record Code in the first column. If this column was removed from the grid, include an extra numbered column at the left of your data before copying.
- The data was the last thing copied into the user's clipboard.
Troubleshoot Imported Data
If a user forgets to confirm their values exist in a list for a drop down column, they may notice red flags on those records.
To resolve the broken link:
- Cut the values from the linked column (paste somewhere as a backup).
- Save those values as empty.
- Update the drop down source to include the missing values.
- Paste the copied values back into the grid.
- Save the records and the red flags will go away, showing the values are valid.
If another linked value in the grid is dependent on a drop down value, the same process should update the link.