Tables are used to define a collection of columns/fields. This includes what those fields are meant to contain, who can access them, and other details. Tables can be compared to a an Excel Worksheet.
- UID - This is a globally unique ID used internally by the workspace. (Note: this can't be modified).
- ID - The numeric identifier of the table.
- Title - This is the friendly name of the table in the workspace.
- Hint - Intended for supplemental information regarding what the table is for and how it should be used. This can only be seen by the designer.
- Icon - The selected icon will be used to represent this table throughout the application.
- Tags - Add one or more tags to your table to allow for sorting and enhanced package creation.
Columns can be added to a table to hold specific information about the record. To add a new column to the table, click the + icon under Columns. To modify an existing field, double click the field you would like edit.
You can use an Auto-Number field, i.e. Serial#, to build a unique Record Code.
- Auto-Numbering Column - The table can be designed to supply a unique identifying number to each record. The auto number field must be of an Integer data type in order to be displayed in this list. To remove the auto-number field, click the "-" icon to the right of the field.
- Begin At - This is the currently selected last value for the auto-number field in this table. Click the "Set" button next to this Field in order to update this value. This can be very helpful if you would like to start your auto-number generation at a number other than 1.
- Increment By - This is the numeric amount by which the selected auto-number field will advance for each newly added record in this table.
Combine Serial# with a string, or another value, in the Expression Builder for the Record Code. Here the string 'TRAIN' is used at the beginning of the Record Code. Then the PadLeft function is used to add zeros to the left of the Serial# value until there are four numbers to the right of the hyphen.
'TRAIN-'+PadLeft ([Serial#], 4, '0') = TRAIN-0001
- Write - In the grid displayed, a selectable list of security groups is available to allow specific security groups to be able to create and edit records from the table. If no security groups are selected, all users will have access to create and edit records.
- Delete - In the grid displayed, a selectable list of security groups is available to allow specific security groups to be able to delete records from the table. If no security groups are selected, all users will be able to delete records.
The grid displays results of all references to each table, field, or task throughout the application.